Monday, March 6, 2017

Monday Morning Coffee

Here we are again - another Monday! The first Monday in March - which, by the way, has come into my corner of the world like a lion. So that means it should go out like a lamb, right?

We've had snow since last Wednesday, but never enough to amount to much. Dream Boy was talking to a buddy yesterday who was in Florida for the month of February and told him that he didn't have to get the shovel out once during the whole month!

Compared to our last 3 or so winters, that is cra-zy! Michigan weather has certainly not been typical this year.
I have started on a new trend as of late - smoothie's in the morning for a breakfast on the go. I am trying to direct my path in a more healthy one, and I don't always eat breakfast. This is helping me with protein and my fruit intake tremendously. The water bottle sits on my desk at school and is generally gone by lunch.

How was your weekend? We had a very laid back, relaxing kind of weekend. 

But first, let me just say that Thursday was a GrEaT day!
This little man turned one month old and mommi let have the honors of capturing his special day! How is it that a month has already passed?

I did plenty of reading and prepping for our little session together, and mommi had lots & lots of ideas. We played for 2 hours and Little G was such a trooper through it all.
While he is growing like a weed to all of us who are around him on a daily basis, this picture gives you a true feeling for how little he still is.  Big sister Porscha, who is feeling a little left out, did cooperate and get in the picture with her baby brother.
By Corgi standards, Porscha is on the small size - but you get the idea.  I have a feeling that these two will soon be best buddies, it's just gonna take a little time.

Friday night Dream Boy picked up fixins for dinner and we all met up at Little G's house, where DB & S1 fixed an amazing seafood linguine pasta kinda dish. It was delish!

Saturday I spent time catching up in my office and working on some editing. Then I planned out our meals for the week & headed off to the grocery store that afternoon.

Tired of the same old - same old, I spent some time online Saturday looking for some new recipes. I came across one I had save via Food Network and gave that a go for dinner.  This Beefy Butternut Squash Chili  did not disappoint. On a cold, blustery March evening - it hit the spot. 

Sunday we headed off to church in the morning and then off to our favorite little restaurant for breakfast.  We tried to go last Sunday, but the line was over 45 minutes wait & we decided we wanted to enjoy the beautiful afternoon more. So, we hit them up yesterday, and as usual, were not disappointed.  

I am totally excited today though, because I signed up for an online class by Emily Freeman, called Creative Direction. Through this course I hope to finally start and complete, or build, a project that has been floating around in my brain for quite some time now. It will involve my photography and helping young girls who struggle with self esteem and their own value. 

So I leave you with that. Here's to hoping you all have a wonderful week!



2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

He is so precious!

Sarah Huizenga said...

Sounds like a great class and a worthy project. I am in a photography project class as well. We have two weeks to complete our project, the first two weeks were prepping. I hope I get it done.